Call for Nominations: 2019 Elections
Members of the Association of Global South Studies,
During the months of June and July 2019, the Nominations and Elections Committee will be accepting nominations for two positions on the AGSS Executive Council. Both positions are for a three-year term. The VP/President Elect serves one year as VP, one year as President, and one year as Immediate Past President. According to our Constitution, we need two candidates for each of the following positions:
1. VP/President Elect
2. Executive Council Position #2
Steps to Nominate
1. Contact the individual you wish to nominate to see if they are willing to serve on the Executive Council. Candidates must be AGSS members who have paid their annual dues or are lifetime members. Please feel free to nominate yourself.
2. Send the complete name, university or professional affiliation, and e-mail address of the nominee to Michael Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 August 2019. Nominees who are selected as candidates will subsequently provide a brief biographical sketch.
3. Election ballots will be available by 15 August 2019 and members will have until 15 September 2019 to cast their votes.
4. Election results will be announced at the annual conference in Argentina in December.
Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee
THE DR. HAROLD ISAACS THIRD WORLD STUDIES COLLECTION
This unique collection, located in the James Earl Carter Library of Georgia Southwestern State University, was donated in April 2001 by Dr. Harold Isaacs, GSW Professor Emeritus of History. The collection, a valuable resource for students and scholars interested in the Global South, includes books, periodicals, newspapers, audio cassettes, video tapes, correspondence, and other documents bearing on the Third World in Perspective Program Seminar Series (1981-present), Association of Third World Studies (ATWS, 1983-), and Journal of Third World Studies (JTWS, 1984), institutions created and developed by Dr. Isaacs with the support and assistance of scholars around the globe.
The section on the Third World in Perspective Program Seminar Series contains letters, brochures, and newspaper accounts related to more than 150 seminars held since 1981. The ATWS materials include information on the founding and history of the organization, key members, annual meetings, newsletters, awards, website, elections and UN consultative status. Journal of Third World Studies section features the editor and associate editors, publicity on published issues, reviews of manuscript submissions, and the title pages and table of contents of each issue.